Edit: Code and Slides for the hacknight can be found here
We will be covering nodejs in the next hacknight.
wtf is nodejs?
get it? :| Awww, come to tomorrow’s hacknight. we will make it easier for you to understand this.
Lately, I have seen that it is much easier to setup and faster to code a webapp in node.js than any other MVC (models, views, controllers) framework (say, django, flask etc).
node.js is faster, (HELL YEAH!)
In this hacknight, we will be going over these topics:
- event driven programming/paradigm
- node.js basic concepts
- simple file upload webapp
- important applications using node libraries
You just need to know these
- what is byld? don’t know? try this, user’s discretion is NOT advised http://lmgtfy.com/?q=byld
- what is a port?
- what is a terminal?
- what a browser or a client is?
- what is a server? how it works?
- lastly, node.js installed on your operating systems. start here.
I hope you are coming tomorrow, aren’t you? yesno.wtf
See you tomorrow! Ciao.